Le sigh. Carl went on a business road trip to Red Deer yesterday. He's been on one before, and it wasn't too overly bad, until Thursday. But this one's not as bad, because we now work together and I understand more of why these road trips are so important. Besides, this week is super busy. I'm flying out to Kelowna on Thursday morning for a work conference on Friday, then Carl will be driving there on Saturday with his crew for another conference on Sunday, then I'll drive back with them on Sunday. It's going to be one hectic weekend! I can't wait to meet the other admins from the different offices across Canada. There is much to be done in these next two days, so I don't think I'll even have time to miss Carl. It's his birthday on Saturday, so I'm going to take him out for a night on the own in Kelowna, then we'll come back to the hotel and just hang out in the jacuzzi with the rest of the crew. After that, who knows? ;) Ahh...the liberties of being married. Gotta love 'em.
Anyhoo, I'm on the lookout for another part-time job, to not only keep myself out of trouble, but mainly because we need to money. It'll be nice to have a little bit of financial flexibility and freedom again. I want to work somewhere that closes at 9 or 9:30, so perhaps a clothing store in a mall, or maybe Petland or something fun like that!
Speaking of cats, once Carl and I get more stable, we're going to get one!! We went to a cat fanciers show a few weeks ago, and although purebreds are neat, we decided then that we would adopt a kitty from the Meow Foundation. It's a no-kill shelter that rescues abandoned cats, and strays. I'm so excited :D We just need to save up the $500 damage deposit for our landlady, because our place is no-pets-allowed. But she loves us, so we got an exception, yay!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
All Alone...
Posted by Sarah at 9:25 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment